Friday, June 4, 2010

CHEERS!

I FINISHED MY FIRST DRAFT! Woo hoo! It's around 140,000 words, and, holy mokers, it's a story! It's also a mess. I'm sure you'll hear all my fine opinions on revising in the upcoming months. But for now? Celebration. Pride. A Tattoo. (My congratulatory present to myself). And of course, a toast. Here's the easy-to-make margarita punch that will make you the hit of every summer barbeque. So raise a Cuban Pete with me (or the non alcoholic bevvie of your choice), to that first big step in a whopping goal. To my Scribblerati, and all you other writers who've been there before, I'm impressed. To you.

Cuban Pete
(Named for the Louis Armstrong song)

Add 1 large can frozen limeade to a bowl
Refill empty limeade can 3 times:
Once with tequila, pour into bowl
Once with Sprite, pour into bowl
Once with Corona, pour into bowl
Stir. Add ice.
Salt rim of glass, fill glass with ice. Ladle punch into glass.
Garnish with lime.
Summer in a glass.
You're welcome.

5 comments:

Nicodemus said...

Congrats! So when do I get to see the whole thing? I still have that chunk waiting to send to you! I'm all ready to make fine edits or just big comments whenever you are.

Shawn Enderlin said...

You ROCK! Can't wait to read the end!

PS mmmmm... tequila...

Qlaudie said...

Hey, Nico! Send me your chunk whenever you like, I'm excited to read it!

Qlaudie said...

Hey, Nico! Send me your chunk whenever you like, I'm excited to read it!

Surprised by Witches said...

Way to go! I'm proud of you. Looking forward to reading it one day.